Confidentiality of Member Information
Boeing Helicopters Credit Union (BHCU) is committed to protecting our member’s privacy. It is the policy of BHCU to hold member information in confidence, subject to applicable legal requirements and standards. BHCU does not sell member information to non-affiliated third parties.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
BHCU will take reasonable precautions to protect the accuracy and reliability of your member information; however, you are responsible for updating your member record from time to time in order to assure its accuracy. BHCU will respond to your requests to update information on your account as quickly as possible.
DESCRIPTION OF COLLECTION AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Here is a description of how BHCU collects and discloses information about you and how we deal with third parties in order to continue providing you with quality financial products and services.
This notice also contains a so called “opt out” right which, under certain limited circumstances, you may be able to tell us you do not want us to disclose certain information about you to other parties.
Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
- Information about your transactions with us or others
- Information we receive from a credit reporting agency
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms. This may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above.
Parties Who Receive Information from Us
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial companies, such as insurance companies and mortgage service companies; and Non financial companies, such as, consumer reporting agencies and retailers.
- Disclosure of Information to Parties that Provide Services to Us. We may disclose all of the information we collect (as described above) to third parties that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. We only work with companies who agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide.
- We may also disclose information about you as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize or protect the security of our financial records.
Disclosure of Information About Former Members:
If you decide to terminate your membership with BHCU we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
How to Stop or “Opt Out” of Certain Disclosures About You:
As a member of BHCU, you can be confident that the confidentiality of account information is the rule, not the exception. Although information collected in conjunction with a member’s account remains the property of BHCU, members may choose to be excluded from receiving certain marketing materials.
Members may choose to “opt out” of receiving offers of goods or services by direct mail, e-mail or telemarketing. Members who “opt out” will continue to receive offers included in member statements. Please note members may not “opt out” of information sharing for non-marketing purposes, as described in this policy.
If your wish to “opt out” of receiving offers of goods and services by direct mail, e-mail or telemarketing, please put your request in writing and send it to:
Boeing Helicopters Credit Union
501 Industrial Highway
Ridley Park, PA 19078
Your request must include your account numbers, and should be signed. One account owner’s request will be considered binding for the purposes of opting out, or opting back into BHCU’s affiliate programs.
Once we receive your opt out request, we will stop the disclosures within a reasonable amount of time. Remember, this opt out right does not apply to disclosures that are legally permitted or to disclosures we make to companies that perform services on our behalf or to other financial institutions which we endorse and that have joint marketing agreements with us.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
How We Protect Your Information:
We restrict access to your personal information to credit union employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We have physical, electronic and internal safeguards in place to ensure the privacy of your personal information.
Privacy on the Internet:
BHCU uses firewalls that are designed to protect your accounts from unauthorized access from outside the credit union. BHCU uses a cryptographic (digital certificate) key to secure account information sent between our server and your browser. Whenever you use a BHCU Online Home Banking our server responds to your transmission by sending this key that is authenticated by your browser. This communication key encrypts the data sent by you and BHCU decrypts it when we receive it. Online banking will also “timeout” after a specified period of inactivity. This prevents persons from continuing your home banking session in cause you have left your PC unattended. You may set the timeout period in the User Options screen of online banking.
It is also important to verify that only authorized persons log into home banking. This is achieved by verifying your password. When you submit your password, it is compared with the password we have stored in our secured data base. We allow you to enter your password incorrectly five (5) times. If you enter your password incorrectly five times, your online banking account will be locked out until you call us to reinitialize the account. We monitor and record “bad-login” attempts to detect any suspicious activity.
You also play an important role in protecting your privacy. You can follow some simple guidelines which can prevent others from logging on to your account.
- Safeguard your account numbers, card numbers, personal identification numbers (PIN) and passwords.
- When creating a password, never use a password which is easy to guess. Examples of bad passwords are: Birth dates, first names, pet names, addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- Do not write your PIN on your debit or credit card.
- Be careful who you give your account numbers and social security number to. Generally, our credit union does not need to ask you for this information. We already have it on file.
Our Web Site contains links to other sites. BHCU is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web Sites.
AVAILABILITY OF POLICY
BHCU will make this policy available to any consumer requesting it. BHCU will also post the policy on its Internet Home Page.
Our web site is directed to a general audience. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children on our site.
This policy does not address every possible contingency and circumstance and is intended to provide guidance to BHCU management and members. It is not intended to create enforceable legal rights by any individual. BHCU does not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of third party affiliates or non-affiliates. Exceptions to this policy may be authorized by BHCU President, Board of Directors and Chairman of the Supervisory Committee. BHCU reserves the right to change this policy at any time, with or without notice.
Because of BHCU’s commitment to confidentiality or member information, complaints relating to this policy, or BHCU’s perceived non-compliance with the policy, should be forwarded directly to BHCU’s Chief Executive Officer or to a member of BHCU’s Supervisory Committee for prompt consideration.
BHCU’s CEO can be reached by calling BHCU at: 610-591-3435. Correspondence directed to BHCU’s Supervisory Committee should be addressed to:
Boeing Helicopters Credit Union
501 Industrial Highway
Ridley Park, PA 19078